The Best Home Remedies For Under-Eye Wrinkles
Want to keep your real age a secret? Getting rid of your under-eye wrinkles is a winning formula towards looking younger. Nothing gives away your age faster than those fine lines that form around your eyes. But treating under-eye wrinkles is often easier said than done. That’s because the skin under your eyes is thin and delicate.
To help correct these lines, many women turn to painful and expensive treatments like fillers and injections. Luckily, you don’t have to! There are a number of non-surgical options to keep those pesky signs of aging at bay and looking one's best.
We’ve collected the five best home remedies for under-eye wrinkles so you can sit back, relax, and let the all-natural ingredients work their magic.
1. Reduce Under-Eye Inflammation With A Rice Flour Mask
When applied to the skin, rice flour acts like an anti-inflammatory agent by working to reduce the redness and swelling that leads to under-eye wrinkles. It’s also a mild exfoliator that can help get rid of dry, dead skin cells that can accumulate and result in dark circles.
For best results, mix rice flour with rose water and a nourishing oil like olive or coconut. Here’s our recipe for this all-natural remedy that can be used twice a week to reduce under-eye wrinkles.
- Rice flour
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Rose water
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of rice flour and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Whip the mixture with a fork until the rice flour is dissolved and you’ve created a paste.
- Add 2 teaspoons of rose water.
- Mix the paste and water until the ingredients are combined together.
- Before applying this under-eye mask, rinse the skin around your eyes with warm water to soften the skin and open your pores. Do not dry your skin.
- Using your fingers, gently rub the rice flour mixture onto the skin under and around your eyes.
- Leave the mixture to dry for ten minutes and then do a two-step rinse.
- First, rinse with warm water to fully remove the mask.
- Then rinse again with cold water to close your pores and tighten the skin under your eyes.
- Pat dry with a soft towel.
2. Mash An Apple As A Home Remedy For Under-Eye Wrinkles
Apples, a well-kept secret by beauty experts around the world, can be used to lighten dark spots, speed cell turnover, brighten dull skin, decrease wrinkles and improve overall skin texture and tone.
Even better, varieties like Granny Smith and Red Delicious actually contain high levels of collagen and elastin — the protein that gives your skin firmness and prevents wrinkles from forming. You can get all these benefits by eating an apple a day, like the doctor prescribes.
Or you can apply an apple mixture directly to the skin under your eyes once a week. Here’s our suggested recipe for a great topical remedy.
- 1 medium-sized apple
- Cut 1 medium-sized apple in half.
- Remove the seeds and stem.
- Slice the remaining fruit into a blender.
- Grind the apples until you’ve created a paste.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and puree until the ingredients are completely mixed.
- Scoop the apple mash with your fingers and apply evenly to the skin under your eyes.
- Let the mask dry for ten minutes.
- Remove the paste and cleanse your skin by first rinsing with warm water and then rinsing with cold water.
- Pat skin dry with a clean towel.
3. Tighten Your Skin With Cabbage Juice
Cabbage is another excellent home remedy for under-eye wrinkles. Cabbage is loaded with antioxidants and phytochemicals that work to combat harmful free radicals which are one of the primary causes of wrinkles.
Cabbage is also high in vitamin C which is an important component of collagen production. Getting plenty of vitamin C, both in your diet and through topical creams and masks, is one of the best ways to kickstart your body’s natural collagen production into high gear.
Try this recipe that can be used three times per week to reap all the wrinkle-fighting rewards.
- ½ head of cabbage
- Essential oil of your choice
- Slice ¼ of a head of cabbage into small pieces.
- Place the cabbage in a blender and puree until it turns into a watery liquid.
- Pour the cabbage juice into a bowl or large cup.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of cabbage juice
- Mix thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture to the dry skin under your eyes.
- Let it dry for ten minutes and then wash with warm and cold water to close pores and tighten skin.
- Pat dry with a soft towel.
4. Repair Your Skin With Watermelon
We all know watermelon as a tasty summer treat. But did you know that it’s also an important ingredient for fighting under-eye wrinkles? Watermelon has a sky-high 93% water content. Because of this, watermelon is a great natural moisturizer.
This juicy fruit is also packed with skin-healthy vitamins like A, B6, and C that work to repair and protect wrinkled skin. Here’s our recommendation for harnessing the healing power of watermelon twice per week.
- Cut a watermelon into chunks and add 1 cup into a blender.
- Puree the watermelon until only juice is left.
- In a bowl, mash ½ of a pitted-and-peeled avocado with a fork.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the watermelon juice to the mashed avocado and mix well.
- Apply the watermelon and avocado mask to the skin under your eyes.
- Let it dry for ten minutes.
- Rinse off the mask with warm water and then splash your skin with cold water to close pores.
- Pat skin dry with a clean towel.
5. Prevent New Wrinkles With Apricots
Apricot is rich in minerals that help heal wrinkled skin and prevent new wrinkles from forming. Chief amongst those minerals are magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and calcium.
According to New York City celebrity dermatologist and SiO Beauty Medical Advisor, Dendy Engelman, these minerals help improve your skin’s overall appearance, lower cortisol levels, stabilize hormonal imbalances, and improve cellular processes. We recommend adding an apricot mask to your beauty routine once per week.
- 2 apricots
- Coconut oil
- Remove the seeds from 2 apricots.
- Place the apricots in a blender and puree until all the chunks are gone.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Blend until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Gently rub the apricot paste under your eyes and let it dry for ten minutes.
- Remove the apricot mask with warm water and a washcloth, then rinse your skin with cold water to close and tighten pores.
- Pat skin dry with a soft towel.
Finding the best remedy for under-eye wrinkles doesn’t have to be a fruitless search. Just try one of the five remedies listed above (don't forget to include SiO Beauty's Super EyeLift in your routine!) and the skin around your eyes will appear softer, smoother, and more radiant in no time.