Neck Lift: Is There A Better Solution For Removing Neck Wrinkles?
We all want smooth, wrinkle-free skin. And with a good beauty regimen, maybe you’ve kept the wrinkles on your face at bay. But what about the skin on your neck? Because the skin on your neck is thin and delicate, it can often be difficult to treat.
To remove neck wrinkles, many women turn to risky, painful, expensive, and side-effect-prone neck lift injections and surgeries. Luckily, there is an easier solution than a neck lift for helping to remove neck wrinkles. SiO Beauty is here to show you what that medically endorsed solution is and how seven simple habits can help you have a wrinkle-free neck in no time.
1) Eat A Healthy Diet
The foundation of healthy, wrinkle-free skin isn’t what you put on your body, it’s what you put in your body. The foods you eat provide the bulk of the vitamins and minerals that keep your skin healthy. That’s why a healthy diet is so important for preventing neck wrinkles. But what exactly is a healthy diet? It’s made up of the following foods:
- Lean protein
- Healthy fats
You’ll notice that there are no processed foods like potato chips on this list. You’ll also notice that there are no sugary foods like cupcakes on this list either. The best diet is made up of all-natural foods low in processed sugar. We aren’t saying you can’t have a handful of barbecue chips or a glass of soda every once in a while. Just try to keep those indulgences to a minimum.
Instead, focus on eating meals that are made up of the four food groups mentioned above. It may seem like a chore, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are a few simple meal suggestions to get you started:
- A spinach, almond milk, strawberry, carrot and watermelon smoothie for breakfast. Add a scoop of protein powder for added nutritional benefit.
- Cut up some cooked chicken and mix it into a spinach and arugula salad. Top it off with some healthy fats such as your favorite olive-oil based dressing.
- Grill a few salmon fillets and serve with a side of broccoli.
- If you get hungry between meals, munch on a handful of healthy fats like walnuts or almonds.
If this is a major change to your diet, start small with one or two meals, and work your way up from there.
2) Drink Eight Cups Of Water Every Day
As we mentioned in the point above, the foundation of healthy, wrinkle-free skin isn’t just what you put on your body, it’s also what you put in your body. And it doesn’t stop with the food you eat. You must also consume plenty of water.
Every organ and system in your body needs water to function properly. And the skin is no exception. Water affects your skin in four very important ways.
- It helps maintain your skin’s elasticity.
- It promotes collagen production.
- It balances the oil on your skin.
- It hydrates skin and fills in pores.
To provide your body with the water it needs, we recommend drinking at least eight cups of water every day. If you’re not used to drinking a lot during the day, try the following recommendations:
- First thing in the morning, before you do anything else, drink two cups of water. If drinking fast isn’t your thing, at least finish the two cups before breakfast is over.
- Next, drink two cups with lunch, and two cups with dinner. That’s six cups!
- To make up those last two cups, fill a water bottle and sip on it between breakfast and lunch, and again between lunch and dinner.
Now you’ve had your eight cups of water, and your skin (& body) will be happier, healthier, and smoother for it.
3) Exercise Your Neck
Regular neck exercise is a simple and efficient way to smooth out those fine lines on your neck and prevent them from coming back. How does it work? The skin on your neck is very thin when compared to the skin on other parts of your body. This means it is more susceptible to the sagging caused by gravity. But, thankfully, it also means that it will tighten as a result of toning your muscles. Exercising the small muscles of your neck makes them stronger, which, in turn, tightens the skin around them.
One of the nice things about neck exercises is that you don’t need heavy weights (or any weights, for that matter) to get the job done. Here’s an easy exercise you can do anywhere, anytime.
- Sit in a chair and tilt your head up.
- Pucker your lips like you’re saying, “Oooooooh!”. Hold for a count of five.
- Return to a normal position.
- Stick out your tongue and try to touch your chin. Hold for a count of five.
- Return to a normal position.
Start with two sets of five reps and work up to five sets of ten reps for a truly great neck lift workout.
4) Protect Your Neck With Sunscreen
Sun damage from harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays is one of the primary causes of wrinkles. And the thin, delicate skin on your neck is especially sensitive. That’s why it’s so important that you wear sunscreen anytime you go outside...and even when you’re inside on many occasions. Those windows on the bus, in your car, and in your office, often let in a lot of UV rays. Sunscreen isn’t just for the beach anymore!
We recommend applying an SPF 30 or 45 sunscreen every two hours whether you’re hiking around town, sitting in an office, or stuck on the freeway. And for extra protection from the sun’s wrinkle-causing rays, consider wearing a thin scarf or wide-brimmed hat. Just think, you can prevent skin damage and make a fashion statement all at the same time!
5) Cleanse & Exfoliate
We’re all familiar with the importance of keeping our face clean and exfoliating to encourage cell regeneration. But did you know the same applies to your neck as well? That’s right, cleansing and exfoliating the tender skin of your neck goes a long way toward healing existing wrinkles and preventing new ones from forming. Not just any cleansing or exfoliating product will do, though. You need one that is specially formulated for the thin, sensitive skin like that on your neck and décolleté.
Our favorite product for your chest is SiO Beauty’s Décolleté Cleansing Discs. These unique cleansing and exfoliating discs contain a proprietary blend of glycolic and lactic acids that work to heal, refine, and resurface wrinkled skin. In addition, the zero-alcohol formula is gentle, non-drying, and helps improve the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and sun-damaged skin.
6) Wear A Medical Grade Silicone Patch While You Sleep For An Overnight Neck Lift
- It smooths wrinkles on your chest while sleeping and is especially helpful for eliminating creases that become permanent from side sleeping.
- It creates a healing microclimate between the skin and the patch.
“That’s great,” you say, “but what does it have to do with healing the wrinkles on my neck?” Excellent question. The same SiO science that has helped thousands of women enjoy a smooth, wrinkle-free décolleté, is now available in a unique neck-shaped patch.
The SiO Beauty NeckLift silicone patch provides support for your neck while you sleep so that gravity and friction won’t pull your skin into positions that lead to wrinkles. But that’s not all the NeckLift patch does. Just like its big sister, the NeckLift creates a hydrating microclimate between the patch and the skin. This microclimate pulls water to the surface, keeps it from evaporating, and focuses it on the top layers of skin where it can do the most good. Used in conjunction with the SiO Cryo System, it’s like having a mini neck lift without all the pain, expense, and recovery time. And be sure to check out SiO’s other new medical grade silicone patches: the FaceLift, the BrowLift, and the Eye & Smile Lift.
7) Use The Right Anti-Aging Serum
It’s time to start abiding by the skin care adage that your face doesn’t stop at your chin. It actually continues down to include your neck and chest. What does all that mean? It means you should start using an anti-aging serum on the skin below your chin as well as above it.
Look for a serum such as SiO's Energy Serum with peptide technology. This potent ingredient has collagen stimulating effects that can tighten and smooth the skin. Other key ingredients to look out for on a serum are Hyaluronic Acid, Green Tea, Shea Butter, Aloe, Coconut Oil, Vitamin E, and Vitamin C—clinically proven to rejuvenate, hydrate, brighten, and protect tired, delicate skin.
8) Put It All Together
We’ve given you a lot of information in this article and much of it may seem a bit overwhelming. If you’re not exactly sure how to incorporate all these suggestions into your busy life, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a simple, step-by-step process to getting a neck lift without going to the doctor.
- First thing in the morning, drink two cups of water.
- Eat a fruit, vegetable, and protein-powder smoothie for breakfast.
- Apply an anti-aging serum as part of your morning beauty routine.
- Rub on an SPF 30 or 45 sunscreen before leaving the house.
- Sip water using timed intervals and from a bottle throughout the day.
- Eat a healthy meal for lunch and dinner.
- Drink two cups of water with your midday and evening meal.
- Eat healthy snacks such as almonds or walnuts between meals.
- Cleanse and exfoliate the skin on your neck before bed.
- Wear a silicone SiO Beauty NeckLift patch nightly while you sleep.
When you wake up in the morning, start the whole process again. We know it may seem like a lot of steps, but remember, this is spread out over an entire day. Divide the list into parts—1-4 in the morning, 5-8 during the day, and 9 and 10 at night—and it won’t be so daunting.