We all strive for soft, supple, glowing skin. Too often, however, this goal is thwarted by the very skin we are trying to improve. Dryness, excess oil, and acne leave that youthful, smooth skin out of reach. If that wasn’t bad enough, harsh chemicals, pollution, and the sun’s UV rays can make your skin dry and wrinkled. It’s enough to make you want to stay inside for the foreseeable future.
That’s not an option though, so we have to look elsewhere for solutions that keep our skin hydrated and healthy. We’ve compiled the 8 best hydrating face mask recipes to help you achieve soft, supple, glowing skin without the need for expensive and painful medical treatments.
1. Remove Shine With A Banana & Honey Face Mask
Oily skin can be deceptively difficult to treat. That’s because the oil often masks the dry skin underneath. For soft, healthy, shine-free skin, try this banana and honey hydrating face mask.
- Organic honey
- Fresh-squeezed orange juice (optional)
- Mash 1 fully ripe banana in a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of organic honey and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of fresh-squeezed orange juice (optional),
To put this hydrating mask to use, first wash your face with lukewarm water. Then massage the mask into your skin, making sure to completely cover your T-zone. Leave it on your face for 20 minutes to get all the hydrating benefits. Rinse the mask off with lukewarm water, and pat your skin dry with a soft towel. Goodbye shine. Hello soft, smooth skin.
2. Treat Acne With A Honey, Oatmeal & Milk Mask
You don’t have to use the harsh chemicals found in most acne treatments. Try an all-natural treatment instead. The honey in this mask acts as a natural nourishing agent that helps your skin retain the moisture it needs. The oatmeal contains anti-acne properties that help keep skin clear and healthy. Here’s the recipe for all your acne-prevention needs.
- Dried oats
- Organic honey
- Whole milk
- Measure 3 tablespoons of dried oats into a blender.
- Add 1 tablespoon whole milk.
- Mix until you’ve made a paste.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon organic honey.
When you’ve blended enough to make a smooth paste, remove the mix from the blender, and apply it to your face. Be sure to cover your skin evenly. Let the mask dry for 20 minutes and then wash it off with clean water. Finish the process by patting your skin dry with a soft towel. Acne-free skin here you come!
3. Hydrate Dry Skin With A Cucumber & Aloe Vera Mask
You’ve likely used aloe vera to soothe sunburned skin. Aloe hydrates, heals, and helps reverse the aging process like no other natural ingredient. Aloe can also be used on healthy skin to remedy dry skin. As an added benefit, the cucumber in this recipe contributes unique cooling and cleansing properties. Here’s how to make this simple hydrating mask.
- Aloe vera gel
- Cut ½ of a cucumber into slices.
- Place these slices in a blender and mix until watery.
- Add 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and blend until smooth.
For the best results, massage the paste evenly onto your face. We suggest you relax and watch TV or read a book while the mask dries. After a half-hour, rinse off the mask with cool water and pat your skin dry with a soft towel. Your skin will feel refreshed and rejuvenated!
4. Exfoliate With A Grape Hydrating Face Mask
The weak acid in grapes acts as a gentle exfoliator that effectively removes dead skin cells. The vitamin E helps your skin retain the moisture it needs to stay healthy. Here’s how to exfoliate and hydrate at the same time.
- 12 grapes
- Mash 12 grapes in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle in 1 teaspoon flour.
- Mix well.
After you’ve created a paste with the mashed grapes and flour, spread the mixture on your face. Let the mask sit for 15 minutes. If you feel any discomfort because of the acid in the grapes, remove the mask immediately. After 15 minutes, wash your face with lukewarm water and dry with a soft towel. Your skin with feel tighter and smoother.
5. Prevent Dry Skin With A Shea Butter & Coconut Oil Mask
The combination of shea butter and coconut oil hydrates, softens, evens out skin tone, and restores elasticity. This is a very effective mask that you can use every week. Let’s get started.
- Shea butter
- Coconut oil
- Aloe vera (optional)
- Measure 1 tablespoon shea butter into a small mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Stir until completely combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon aloe vera (optional).
- Mix until smooth.
Spread the mixture onto your skin. Add extra to especially dry areas. Let the mask dry for 15 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
6. Fight Free Radicals With A Honey & Epsom Salt Mask
Epsom salt is a pure mineral (magnesium sulfate) that can work wonders on your skin. It fights free radicals, alleviates inflammation, and helps your body flush toxins out of your skin. Combine that with the hydrating power of honey and you’ve got yourself a powerful hydrating mask. Here’s how you can whip up a honey and Epsom salt face mask.
- Epsom salt
- Measure 2 tablespoons Epsom salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons honey.
- Mix until you’ve created a paste.
Smooth the paste onto your skin. Relax for 30 minutes while the mask dries. Then, wash your face with lukewarm water and gently dry your skin.
7. Soothe Inflamed Skin With A Vitamin E & Avocado Mask
Vitamin E is a powerful anti-inflammatory that also repairs and protects your skin. It’s found in green, leafy vegetables, but you can also apply it directly to your skin for a healing boost. With the moisturizing properties of avocado, this mask will soothe and restore dry, damaged skin. Here’s how to reap the benefits of these effective hydrators.
- Vitamin E oil
- Remove the pit and skin from half an avocado.
- Mash the avocado in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil.
- Mix well.
To soothe inflamed skin, apply the mask to your face and let it dry for 20 minutes. Wash your face with lukewarm water and dry gently with a clean towel.
8. Put Minerals In Your Skin With A Yeast Hydrating Face Mask
Brewer’s yeast is chock-full of important vitamins and minerals like chromium, selenium, and vitamin B. These essential vitamins and minerals help your skin stay healthy and hydrated all day long. They’re also great at preventing wrinkles. Here’s the recipe.
- Powdered brewer’s yeast
- Warm milk
- Measure 1 tablespoon brewer’s yeast into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon honey and mix well.
- Stir in ¼ cup milk.
- Mix until you’ve created a smooth paste.
Apply the yeast hydrating mask to your skin and let it dry for 15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and then dry your skin with a soft towel.
The Best Treatment for Your Décolleté
The ingredients for these easy-to-make face masks can be found at your local grocery store. These masks can be used on your chest, neck and back to improve the appearance of your skin and reduce acne. While these DIY recipes can work wonders, try SiO Beauty’s Décolleté Serum for stronger wrinkle prevention on your Décolleté. SiO Beauty’s serum is a vast improvement over homemade masks and is a great alternative to expensive surgeries.