Because the skin on your upper chest is sensitive, thin, and delicate, this area is especially susceptible to the signs of aging. Even though the appearance of chest wrinkles is a natural part of aging, that doesn’t make it any less upsetting. And it doesn’t mean that you can’t take action to treat and prevent them.
The good news is that the methods for treating and preventing cleavage wrinkles are one and the same. The experts at SiO Beauty have put together a list of the 11 most effective treatments for cleavage wrinkles.
1) SiO Beauty’s Silicone Skin Patches
The SiO Beauty SkinPad is made of just two ingredients: silicone and oxygen. The combination of those two elements creates a powerful solution for the treatment and prevention of cleavage wrinkles. When worn on your décolleté, the patch creates a microclimate on the surface of your skin that hydrates, heals, and smoothes. The moisture trapped underneath the patch also rebuilds and normalizes the production of collagen and elastin in the deep layers of your skin. And all it takes to achieve real results is a good night’s sleep. Here’s a simple three-step process to maximize the healing:
- Prepare your skin with SiO Beauty’s Décolleté Cleansing Discs.
- Apply the SkinPad and catch some ZZZs.
- In the morning, apply SiO Beauty’s Décolleté Serum.
After just one night using this three-step treatment method, you’ll be more than ready to wear your favorite low cut blouses and dresses!
SiO Beauty’s SkinPad is the best décolleté treatment option available. You’ll see results in just one application. There are no side effects and it’s significantly less expensive than other treatment options. And there’s no surgery or pain involved.
And to treat and prevent wrinkles on your face and neck, try one or all of SiO Beauty’s other specially-designed silicone patches.
2) Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is an effective, inexpensive and natural wrinkle fighter. It’s also a powerful preventative measure if you’re concerned about cleavage wrinkles forming on your smooth skin.
How Aloe Vera Helps Treat And Prevent Cleavage Wrinkles
- Aloe vera actively increases the production of collagen and elastin, which slows the signs of aging and improves the appearance of aging skin.
- Aloe vera contains powerful antioxidants that combat free radicals produced by the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays. These free radicals are largely responsible for the appearance of wrinkled skin on your décolleté (and other areas).
- Aloe vera helps seal in your skin’s natural moisture so that it doesn’t evaporate away as quickly. This extra moisture keeps your skin healthy and smooth for longer.
How To Use Aloe Vera To Treat And Prevent Cleavage Wrinkles
- Simply break off a leaf from an aloe vera plant
- Cut the leaf in half
- Squeeze the aloe vera into a bowl or directly onto your skin.
- Apply the gel as you would any moisturizer.
If keeping plants isn’t your thing, you can buy aloe vera gel in most drug stores or supermarkets.
3) Creams With Retinoic Acid
Don’t be alarmed by the medical-sounding name. Retinoic acid (a.k.a. retinoids) is a powerful wrinkle treatment.
Your skin cells normally regenerate every 27 days. Retinoids, however, prompt those skin cells to regenerate more rapidly. This promotes the growth and appearance of newer, softer skin and keeps your complexion clean, clear, and healthy. Retinoids also neutralize the effects of free radicals, which break down the collagen and elastin that keep your skin smooth and tight.
While retinoic acid is a proven method for treating wrinkles, it takes up to two months before you’ll notice a difference.
How To Use Retinoic Acid To Prevent And Treat Cleavage Wrinkles
- Start with an over-the-counter cream for two weeks
- After two weeks, switch to a product with a higher concentration of retinoic acid. Use this product for an additional two weeks
- Continue to gradually increase the strength of the retinoic acid cream every two weeks
Whether your goal is to treat cleavage wrinkles or not, sunscreen should be part of your daily beauty routine.
Sunscreen is so important because it helps prevent the sun’s UV rays from damaging the collagen and elastin that your skin needs to stay firm and wrinkle-free. If you don’t use sunscreen, the sun’s rays will eventually cause your skin to sag inward. At first, this sagging will only appear as fine lines but with repeated sun exposure, those fine lines can turn into deep cleavage wrinkles.
How To Use Sunscreen To Prevent Cleavage Wrinkles
- Apply an SPF 45+ sunscreen to your face, neck, shoulders, chest, and any other exposed skin before leaving your house every day.
- Be sure to reapply the sunscreen every two hours, even if you’re inside.
5) 8 Cups Of Water Every Day
Drinking eight cups of water every day is one of the best things you can do to treat and prevent cleavage wrinkles. While most of the treatments on this list work from the outside in, the water you drink works from the inside out to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized.
If eight cups of water sounds like a lot for just one day, here’s a simple method for squeezing it all in:
- Drink 2 cups of water at breakfast or before leaving for work.
- Drink 2 cups of water at lunch.
- Drink 2 cups of water at dinner.
- Fill a 16-ounce (2-cup) water bottle with water and sip on it between meals.
If you’re wondering whether your mid-morning coffee and your late-afternoon iced tea count toward this total, unfortunately, they don’t. That doesn’t mean that you can’t have them; it just means that you’ll be drinking your tea and coffee in addition to your eight cups of water.
6) Do-It-Yourself Face Masks
Do-it-yourself face masks are a fun way to pamper yourself while fighting fine lines and wrinkles. And don’t let the name fool you, most DIY face mask recipes can be used on more than just your face. You can apply the mixture to your neck and décolleté for the same wrinkle-smoothing benefits.
The ingredients in DIY face masks can usually be found in your kitchen or purchased at your local supermarket. Some of the best ingredients for fighting cleavage wrinkles include:
7) Over-The-Counter Face Masks
Over-the-counter face masks—like the popular Korean face masks, charcoal face masks, and gelatin face masks—can also help treat and prevent cleavage wrinkles. How can you use a face mask on your décolleté? You’ll need to use a “face mask” that is applied as a gel, liquid or serum as opposed to using a face mask that can only be used on your face due to its shape.
That said, there are a number of drawbacks you should consider before using these products:
- They are often very sticky and painful to remove. Taking them off can damage your delicate décolleté skin.
- The “masks” often contain additives that may harm your skin over time.
- The benefits only last as long as you’re wearing the “mask”.
- It may take a long time to see real results.
As fun as over-the-counter “face masks” can be, there is a safer, more effective solution for cleavage wrinkles: SiO Beauty SkinPads.
8) Chemical Peels
During a chemical peel, an acidic solution is applied directly to your skin. The acid creates a “controlled wound” that causes your skin to blister and eventually peel off. This process helps to expose the smoother, softer, fuller skin underneath.
As wonderful as that may sound, chemical peels often produce a number of side effects, including:
- Sensitive skin immediately following treatment.
- Temporary or permanent color change.
- Temporary or permanent scarring.
- Heart, kidney, or liver damage.
Oh, and let’s not forget the price. While light chemical peels can be priced at the lower end of the cost spectrum, they often cost upwards of $1,000. Ouch! There are safer, less expensive ways to get the smooth décolleté you’ve been looking for.
9) Laser Therapy
Laser therapy involves firing microscopic beams of energy into your skin to singe the top layer of tissue. The burned skin then sloughs off to reveal the younger, smoother skin underneath.
As with most invasive treatments, there are quite a few side effects you should consider, including:
- Temporary or permanent skin discoloration.
- Abnormal healing.
Laser therapy is less invasive than surgery, but it doesn’t last as long as some of the other treatments on this list. It may also require multiple sessions to achieve the results you’re looking for.
Injections provide a more immediate treatment for deep wrinkles, but the way they do it is vastly different than laser therapy and chemical peels. Instead of removing layers of skin to generate and promote new cell growth, injections fill in the empty space left behind after collagen breaks down. The most common types of injections are:
- Hyaluronic acid.
These injections are most effective for skin that sits atop a layer of muscle. The skin on your décolleté, though, is very thin and doesn’t contain much muscle. Because of the delicate nature of your décolleté, injections are often ineffective when used in this area. In fact, Botox™ can be dangerous if used on your décolleté because the onabotulinumtoxinA can escape the muscle and damage surrounding tissue.
It’s important to consult a physician before starting this kind of cleavage wrinkle treatment. Also, you should only receive injections from a trained professional in a medical facility.
As with the other invasive treatments on this list, we don’t recommend injections except as a last resort. You can achieve more visible results with zero side effects just by wearing the SiO Beauty SkinPad while you sleep.
11) Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery can produce the most dramatic results, but it is also the most invasive treatment on this list. Generally, you wouldn’t resort to plastic surgery unless your wrinkles are extremely deep, your career depends on your appearance, or if other treatments haven’t worked.
One of the most popular plastic surgery methods is fat grafting. During the procedure, a surgeon removes fat from another part of your body (e.g., your abdomen) and injects it into the problem areas on your décolleté. The fat plumps the skin, smoothes out wrinkles, and provides support from underneath. This serves to keep skin tight and prevent sagging and wrinkling. Keep in mind that plastic surgery is not just a one-time procedure. Your surgeon may suggest multiple treatments that include various injections.
Instead of knives, needles, and potentially harmful chemicals, treat and prevent cleavage wrinkles with SiO Beauty’s SkinPad, Décolleté Cleansing Discs, and Décolleté Serum. Soon enough, your chest will be so smooth that you’ll forget there was ever a time you had cleavage wrinkles.